In a tweet Tuesday, the agency urged anyone who believes they got sick after eating at a Chipotle between July 26 and July 30 to contact the agency. Initially, it was 2 individuals who posted claims to food-safety website iwasposioned.com, but now that number has increased to more than 170 people since the news was first reportedby Business Insider.
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc has shut a restaurant in OH following reports of customers falling sick after eating there, Business Insider reported on Monday.
"The local health department has informed us of two customer complaints of illness at one restaurant in Powell, Ohio". As of Tuesday afternoon, it said it had received 368 inquiries related to a "possible foodborne illness outbreak" stemming from the Chipotle location in Powell.
The health department said the restaurant is under investigation, according to BusinessInsider, which first reported the incident.
Public information officer Traci Whittaker said the department was investigating food samples from the outlet, but is still not aware of the pathogen that caused the illnesses.
Next Month, NASA Will Be Declaring Crew Members For SpaceX And Boeing
The crewed test flights were also supposed to take place this year - Boeing's in November and SpaceX's in December. Separately, SpaceX's Crew Dragon spacecraft for Demo-1 arrived to the Cape in July for final processing.
Chipotle was forced to close a restaurant in Virginia for two days previous year after customers who ate there contracted norovirus, an illness that causes vomiting, diarrhoea, nausea, and other symptoms.
Chipotle did not immediately respond to Reuters' request for comment.
Several employees called off sick this past weekend, also.
In June, Chipotle announced it was closing down as many as 65 underperforming restaurants across the world. Robert W. Baird reissued a "buy" rating and set a $535.00 price target on shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill in a research report on Friday. More than 130 people reported getting sick after eating at the restaurant. That followed a string of E. coli outbreaks at restaurants in Washington, Oregon, and other locations, as well as issues with salmonella.
Chipotle's stock took a 3.3 percent drop in after-hours trading Monday following Business Insider's report.