Misdemeanor ammo charge dropped against Reuben Foster, felonies remain

Share

The Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office charges Foster attacked a 28-year-old woman, identified as his live-in girlfriend, during an argument at their home, leaving the woman with bruises and a ruptured ear drum after, she said, Foster dragged her by her hair and punched her in the head eight to 10 times.

Per the release, the alleged victim flagged down a stranger's vehicle following an altercation with Foster in which he physically threw her out of their home, pulled her hair and punched her in the head eight to 10 times.

If Foster is convicted on all of these crimes, he could face more than 11 years in prison.

49ers linebacker Reuben Foster will not participate in team activities as his domestic violence case plays out, the team announced Sunday. "As previously stated, his future with the team will be determined by the information revealed during the legal process", the team announced in a statement. Foster was initially facing one misdemeanor count of possession of a large capacity magazine, but prosecutors dropped the charge Monday in light of a higher court injunction prohibiting the enforcement of the charge.

The 49ers open offseason workouts on Monday. "This is way beyond a simple domestic violence case", says Steven Clark, legal analyst and former prosecutor. Foster didn't enter a plea at his arraignment before Santa Clara Superior Court Judge Nona Klippen at the Hall of Justice in San Jose, California, and he left the courthouse after Klippen set his bail at $75,000.

Do more for education
As the teacher walkout ended this week, many educators said they were turning their attention to the November elections. But at a roundtable of students and faculty from SUNY Oswego's School of Education, the idea was quickly dismissed.

The 49ers drafted Foster 31st overall past year after questions about his health and character caused him to drop from being a possible top 10 pick.

The 49ers released a statement attributed to chief executive officer Jed York, general manager John Lynch and coach Kyle Shanahan on Sunday night saying that Foster will not be participating in team activities as he goes through the legal process stemming from his February 11 arrest.

"We will continue to follow this serious matter", the team said in a release.

"We don't condone this kind of behavior and certainly would not like to see any of our players have any of these kinds of issues or the victims to suffer any at all".

If Foster is able to return to the field this fall, he'll be on thin ice, as one more off-the-field incident could very well cause his National Football League career to come to an end.

Share