Sasikala Recorded Her Statement On Jayalalitha Death On Investigation


VK Sasikala told the Justice A Arumughaswamy Commission, which is probing the death of J Jayalalithaa, that the former Tamil Nadu chief minister refused to go to hospital before she fainted in her bedroom around 10 pm on 22 September, 2016, according to media reports. After she fainted in her bathroom, Sasikala helped her to her bed and fainted again. Sasiskala said that on the same day she had suggested to Jayalalithaa to visit the hospital, but she refused to go.

Sasikala, who is serving a four year jail term for corruption, has also declared that Jayalalithaa regained consciousness in the ambulance en route to the hospital and asked where she was being taken. She also added that Jayalalitha had been videographed four times in a lucid state while she was hospitalized for three months, and senior AIADMK leaders including O Panneerselvam and M Thambidurai and two security officers also met and spoke with Jayalalitha. "She passed out and I called the doctor for an ambulance", Ms Sasikala claims. There were 20 doctors who treated Jayalalitha.

Jayalalithaa died in Chennai's Apollo hospital in December 2016. She also said that Jaya's health suffered due to massive stress she endured due to the disproportionate assets case.

In the affidavit, Sasikala has claimed that Jayalalithaa's health started deteriorating due to high blood sugar levels in September 2016.

Contrary to statements by some leaders, many did get a chance to meet Jayalalithaa in the hospital, claims Sasikala in her affidavit.

2G case: CBI moves Delhi HC against A. Raja, Kanimozhi acquittals
On December 21 previous year , a Special CBI Court had dismissed all charges framed by CBI and ED and acquitted Mr. A special CBI court let off all accused in the case in December 2017, citing lack of evidence.

Jayalalithaa was admitted to Apollo Hospital on the night of 22 September, 2016 and passed away on 5 December, 2016.

A section led by Mr Panneerselvam or OPS revolted and demanded an investigation into how Jayalalithaa died, implying a "conspiracy" involving Sasikala and her nephew TTV Dhinakaran. Doctor has asked me to stay for a few days.

Soon after her death, Ms Sasikala took over as party chief and ordered O Panneerselvam, a Jayalalithaa loyalist she had installed as interim chief minister, to step aside for her.

In an affidavit filed before the commission, Sasikala narrated what transpired at Jayalalithaa's residence before she was rushed to hospital.

However, Sasikala in her affidavit lists out the names of personalities who saw the former Chief Minister.