Newborn dies 7 days after mistakenly declared dead by Delhi hospital


"We have initiated a detailed enquiry, pending which, the concerned doctor has been asked to proceed on leave immediately", Max Hospital authorities said.

The baby boy was found alive when he was being taken with his stillborn twin sister for last rites and their maternal grandfather, who was carrying them, sensed some movement.

The baby was rushed to a nearby hospital in Pitampura and a complaint was filed against Max Hospital in Shalimar Bagh.

The incident began following the premature delivery of twins, a boy and a girl, after a five-month pregnancy. They opened the bag to find the live child. "I was shocked. I couldn't believe my eyes", Malik said in a previous CNN report. However, Dr Sanjeev Gupta of Aggarwal Hospital said that baby was of just 22 weeks and it was hard for him to survive from the start as he needed too much support. "Our final demand with the government, with the world, is that we need justice", he said.

The parents said the baby was alive while on their way to his funeral. He said that the baby died of multiple organ dysfunction.

Melania Trump, Karen Pence stop at Whataburger during Coastal Bend visit
Trump "comes here to Texas with a caring heart and a true concern and compassion for all those impacted by the storm", she said. They will then travel to Rockport to meet a family whose home was destroyed in the storm, and tour the home's remains.

"We knew from the beginning that he may not survive but we were trying our best".

Delhi police said they had collected hospital records for the mother and treatment records for the newborn babies.

This case of medical negligence has received significant attention from local politicians.

The statement by the hospital read, "This action has been taken on the basis of our initial discussions with the expert group and as a reflection of our commitment to higher standards of care". Hours after the death of the baby boy, Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain held a press conference, where he announced that the final report of the ongoing probe into alleged medical negligence by the private hospital is expected in two days and based on that "strictest action" will be taken. It has found the Max of not following prescribed medical norms in dealing with newborn infants.

Also the Minister's respond to the allegation by the father that no one from the Delhi Government approached the family to help by saying that there are certain legalities involved but we responded immediately and took action.