Ryan Seacrest Denies Misconduct Allegations From His Former Stylist

Share

Seacrest became a household as the host of American Idol, which debuted in the early 2000s and ran for 15 years. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the misconduct claim is being made by a former E! wardrobe stylist from Seacrest's time on E! An E! spokesperson told Bustle on Saturday, "We can confirm that we have started an investigation". Seacrest is also the executive producer of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, and hosts a morning radio show, On Air with Ryan Seacrest, on KIIS-FM. News, which Seacrest hosted from 2006 to 2012. Seacrest's own statement also leaves this information vague. He is now the co-host of Live with Kelly and Ryan, and is slated to host the upcoming American Idol reboot on ABC.

The former American Idol host has denied all allegations and released the following statement: "Recently, someone that worked as a wardrobe stylist for me almost a decade ago at E!"

In a statement to Variety, Seacrest acknowledged the allegations made against him and said he was "truly sorry" if he made his accuser "feel anything but respected" and that he would cooperate with the investigation.

The 42-year-old American Idol host who is one of Hollywood's top-paid TV entertainers insisted he'd always been an advocate for women and was'proud of his workplace reputation
Ryan Seacrest Denies Misconduct Allegations From His Former Stylist

And while the actual contents of her specific accusation have yet to be made public, Seacrest himself is going public ahead of it all to try to get ahead of the story with his claims of innocence.

Seacrest said in his more than 25 years in the entertainment industry, a majority of his co-workers have been woman and he has treated all of his colleagues with "kindness, dignity, and understanding".

"I'm distraught that anyone or any situation would call that into question", he concluded. I'm proud of my workplace reputation, and believe my track record will speak for itself. Considering the amount of career damage suffered by other accused Hollywood figures such as Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey, one wonders if these allegations will cause similar damage to Seacrest. From what we understand, he's now under investigation for sexual harassment, but the details of the incident have not been made public yet.

Jeffrey Tambor Threatens to Quit 'Transparent' Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
The team behind " Transparent " had already begun planning a way to continue the show without Tambor once the allegations broke. In an ambiguous statement Sunday, Tambor referenced what he calls a "politicized atmosphere" that has afflicted the set.

Share