Now, as per recent reports, Saudi Arabia has, on Monday, said that the Saudi-led coalition will begin to reopen the seaports and airports of the war-torn country. The move came after Saudi Arabia intercepted a missile fired towards Riyadh, which it blamed on Tehran.
The United Nations has listed Yemen as the world's top priority humanitarian crisis, with more than 17 million people lacking food, seven million of whom are at risk of starvation.
A Yemenia airlines official said a flight took off from Cairo and landed in Aden on Tuesday before returning to the Egyptian capital. The war has killed over 10,000 civilians, displaced 3 million people and left much of the country's infrastructure in ruins.
It says those ports are in Aden, Mocha and Mukalla.
"This halted the only flights at Sanaa airport - those of the United Nations and other global organisations delivering humanitarian assistance", the rebel-run General Authority for Civil Aviation said.
They say the Tuesday airstrikes will hinder the airport's operation but that fix crews are at work.
Court allows Trump's travel ban to partially come into effect
The Trump administration had unveiled its third travel ban on September 24 after United States courts blocked the first two. Trump's ban was announced on September 24 and replaced two previous versions that had been impeded by federal courts.
The coalition asked U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to send a delegation to Riyadh to "review current inspection measures to reinforce and introduce a more effective inspection and verification regime (UNVIM) aimed at facilitating the flow of humanitarian and commercial supplies and prevent smuggling of weapons, ammunition and missile parts".
Jamie McGoldrick of the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said Tuesday the world body is aware of an announcement that the coalition was allowing deliveries to two ports in southern Yemen. "The runway, taxiway, ramp, terminal and air traffic control tower were not hit and are in good condition".
The US-backed coalition has been at war with the Shi'ite rebels, known as Houthis, since March 2015.
Last week, the Saudi-led coalition said it was closing Yemen's ground, air and sea ports after a ballistic missile was sacked over the Saudi capital from Yemen.
It says: "The first step in this process will be taken within 24 hours and involves reopening all the ports in areas controlled by" Yemen's internationally recognized government, which the coalition backs.
However, Mr McGoldrick said there was "no indication" yet of the blockade being lifted. More than two-thirds of the people in need and 80 per cent of all cholera cases in Yemen are closest to the two ports, which are both in rebel-held territory.